Sunday, November 21, 2010

Temporal transfigurations

Lacking ideas, I settle for a photographic chronicle...

The 60s
I was born in Corvallis, Oregon in 1962.  In 1963, Mom, Dad and I moved to Klamath Falls, where brother Eric and sister Paige were born.  
The 70s
In 1971, my parents divorced.  Mom, Eric, Paige and I moved to Salem.  We lived there for four years (1972-76) while Mom earned her teaching degree from Oregon College of Education (now Western Oregon State College).  We then moved to Redmond, Oregon for one year (1976-77).  At the end of that year, Eric, Paige and I went to live with Dad in Klamath Falls, where he and his new wife, Jeanne, had just been blessed with a daughter, my sister Mia.  At the end of the decade, they had a second child, my brother, Calee.
The 80s
I finished high school and went to college at Oregon Institute of Technology in Klamath Falls.  Then I moved to Portland in 1988.  My Grandma Metzger died in this decade.

The 90s
I lived on the west side of Portland through the 90s.  I was married in 1992, then divorced in 1995.  My siblings Chae and Seth, Dad's kids through his third marriage (with his wife Tami) were born during this time.  My three remaining grandparents (Ross, Jennie, and Bob) passed in this decade.
The 00s
I moved to the east side of Portland in late 1999.  I've been here ever since.  Dad died in 2001 and my Aunt Jenifer two years later.  Maty and I met in 2005 and were married in 2006.  My nephews Torin and Gino were born during this decade.

One hell of a trip... I tell ya... Any man who'd demand more is a damned fool.

1 comment:

Ridwan said...

Great post my brother. You have traveled many roads.

Thanks for sharing. I know you better now ... if even from afar.

Peace to you.
Ridwan