Friday, January 08, 2010

Sound and fury: Going forward



Two and a half years since the inception of this blog, I feel compelled to write my very first administrative post.  I beg indulgence for its narcissistic, self-absorbed nature.  (Every writer is a narcissist to one degree or another, no?)

First off, I want to express my deep and sincere gratitude to everyone who occasionally stops by and peeks in on whatever I may be blathering about on a given day.  I can't tell you how much it means to me.

Secondly, since readership has spiked in the last six to eight months (thank you, Facebook) I think it is wise to specify some guidelines that I will follow for posting and comment moderation.  So, here they are:
  1. Readers may notice that I have removed the "Reactions" option.  No longer are the "Interesting," "Funny," or "Stupid" check boxes available.  One particular reader (and, yes, I know who you are) has felt compelled to click only the "Stupid" check box, which sort of defeats the purpose of the "Reactions" option.  And may I ask, my dear?  Why would one care to visit a blog whose every post is "Stupid?"

  2. Please feel free to leave comments.  However, henceforth, I ask that commenters not engage in ad hominem attacks against each other.  One reader (and, I know who you are, too, Monsieur Le Marteau) recently resorted to name-calling when referring to another.  I deleted that comment and will delete any future comments of a similar vein.  Readers are free to call me names.  That doesn't bother me.  But please, no attacks against other commenters.  Heated disagreement is fine.  But no names.  No racism.  No incitements to violence.  Yadda, yadda, yadda.

  3. As a rule, I do not comment on my own blog.  That is, I do not use the "Comments" feature.  But, if you leave a comment, be assured that I will read and consider it.  And, of course, you can email me directly at dadecariaga@hotmail.com, if you are uncomfortable in the "public" forum.
So, in closing, let me say "thanks," again.  This blog is a joy to me regardless of how many people read it.  If others enjoy it --well, that's just gravy.

All my best.

Dade

No comments: