Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Foolish (and perhaps tasteless) limericks

Apologies in advance...some limericks....


Pig for a king

Events drive me on toward my casket;
It's a wonder I don't blow a gasket;
With a pig for a king,
We're in a downswing,
And we're stuck in this awful handbasket;



Game? What game?

Olympic beach volleyball court
Is home to athletic cavort;
The women are strong
In beach volleyball thong;
Do you mean to say it's a sport?



Ridiculous

There once was a joker named Dade
Who's writing from good taste had strayed;
Well, cut him a break,
He's not quite awake;
And a limerick sure beats a tirade!


Limericks are very difficult to write. I invite you to post your own in the comments section. And sincere apologies to anyone who might be offended by limerick #2.

3 comments:

NWJR said...

The women in thongs are a joy
For American red-blooded boys
They jump and they play
And make the boys say
"I'll watch this instead of my toys".

Eclectic Dilettante said...

Not one limerick I know is rated lower than x. LOL

Anonymous said...

I shot a poacher who was hunting for deer
he was in my yard, stumbling drunk, drinking beer
so my joy was increased
when I saw that the deceased
was the jerk who had fired me last year!