Wednesday, August 01, 2007

All you really need is a good pair of walking shoes

Today, I thought I'd get away from politics and just relive some of my travel experiences. Enjoy!

Le Champs d'Elysee as seen from the top of L'Arc de Triomphe
Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome, and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe. -Mark Twain

I think that travel comes from some deep urge to see the world, like the urge that brings up a worm in an Irish bog to see the moon when it is full. ~Lord Dunsany

Santiago, Chile
Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering; the reality has more to do with losing your luggage. ~Regina Nadelson

Travelers never think that they are the foreigners. ~Mason Cooley

Budapest
I met a lot of people in Europe. I even encountered myself. ~James Baldwin

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. ~Aldous Huxley

Taj Mahal
Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. - JRR Tolkien

1 comment:

Ridwan said...

That picture of you jumping at the Taj is fantastic.

I was in Agra a last November ... I felt like jumping too ... if even because I was glad to have made it past the damn touts.

Nice blog man. Came here via Rhonda's and plan to stop by often.

Peace,
Ridwan