Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A beginning


Greetings.

My name is Dade. I'm a native Oregonian, an amateur guitarist, a humble writer, and a fierce liberal/progressive. This blog is meant, primarily, to be a creative outlet. I'm not sure, at this point, if I know even how I will use it, but it is here nonetheless. Drop me a comment if you like.

The title of this blog comes from Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5). The soliloquy is delivered by Macbeth upon learning of the death of Lady Macbeth, whom, it is obvious from the desolation in his words, he loved dearly:

She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word;
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death;

Out! Out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And is heard no more;

It is a tale, told by an idiot,
Full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Anyway, come on by anytime and say hi. I imagine I'll be here.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome excerpt from Macbeth, Dade. Love it! Sound and fury, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I like what you're doing so far, my man.

Very nice.

Sarah said...

Awesome excerpt from Macbeth, Dade. Love it! Sound and fury, indeed.